Thursday, November 1, 2012

NaBloPoMo

Which is short for National Blog Posting Month. The idea is to post every day during the month of November. I stumbled on it last night and for some silly reason decided to sign up.

NaBloPoMo November 2012

I've been pretty bad about posting in the last few months. Maybe this will get me to actually post regularly? At least it sounds easier than NaNoWriMo (write a novel in a month? you wouldn't want to read it if I did) or even NaNoSweMo (knitting a sweater in a month sounds more doable than a novel, especially if you use bulky yarn, but still....)

So what have I been up to lately that I haven't blogged about? Two weeks ago I released a new pattern, the Transit of Venus hat.


 This is a slouchy hat done using mosaic colorwork using a heavy worsted or aran weight yarn.

 

This sample was made using Imperial Ranch Columbia in the Teal Heather and Natural colors.

The name of the hat comes from the first version I made last June for a Nerd War challenge to make something inspired by June's transit of Venus.


The boxes represent the sun with rays emanating outwards. The dot in the middle is Venus transiting across the sun.


This first hat was made using Lion Brand Fishermen's wool in brown and natural and was a donation to Cephalopod Yarns' Afghan for Afghans charity drive.

Transit of Venus is a quick knit and would make a fun holiday gift!


Come back tomorrow to see how long I can stick to blogging every day....

No comments:

Post a Comment