Monday, April 23, 2012

3KCBWDAY1 Knitting and Crochet Blog Week 2012 Color Lovers

It's Knitting and Crochet Blog Week 2012! Think I can manage to blog everyday for seven days for this?
Stay tuned to find out! 



Knitting and Crochet Blog Week is coordinated by Eskimi Makes. She's come up with different topics for each day. Today's topic is Color Lovers. 

I tend towards purples, teals, greens and blues in my choice of colors. You can see that in some random stash photos around my apartment (excuse the poor lighting, but these are photos of stash in situ).

I keep some pretty yarns that I like to look at on one shelf of a bookcase. Blues, greens, raspberry pink

Some nice yarns waiting their turn on the bookshelf
Yarn that was recently used or considered for swatching often gets piled on the end table. This really should get returned to more permanent stash storage. Teal, green, and some brown.

Some yarns on the end table


And there's almost always a pile of yarn on the coffee table, either a current project or yarn being considered for a project in the immediate future. These yarns are currently mainly stash being considered for Teddy's April and May sweaters. Green and aqua, plus some pink and yellow. This is a spring selection from stash, hence the pink and yellow.

yarn on the coffee table
I dumped out a couple of stash bags to see what colors I have in them. The first is my Brown Sheep Naturespun Worsted stash. I love Naturespun. It's a nice soft worsted available in a great range of colors at a really reasonable price. It used to be my goto worsted for scarves, hats, and the like, but nobody carries it locally anymore. It's been displaced by Cascade 220, which I just don't like as much. A lot of this is leftovers from an afghan I made as a wedding present for some friends about 10 years ago. Unfortunately, that was before I had a digital camera, so I don't have a picture of the afghan itself. Lots of blue, some green. The browns and gold are from the afghan, so they were chosen with my friends' taste in mind, not mine. And the red and white are from Xmas knitting.

Brown Sheep Naturespun Worsted Leftovers

This next is a bag of sock yarn leftovers. Definite tendency to blue and purple here.

Sock yarn leftovers

You can see a lot of purple, teal and green in my finished projects too.

Teal in my Diamond Cap
Purple and green in the Octarine cowl
Some green socks I made last fall

a shawl currently in progress - definitely purple

But the use of color I'm most proud of actually included a fair bit of orange/brick red. For my Hawaiian Petroglyph sweater, I wanted to capture the colors of a Hawaiian sunset. The oranges and purples are the sunset, the greens the lush tropical rain forest.





2 comments:

  1. Such wonderful colors!! ALL OF THEM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have great colors in your projects. Your Diamond Cap is terrific on you.

    ReplyDelete