Friday, November 2, 2012

FO Friday: Fingerless Mitts

I've been working on these fingerless mitts for a while. I should have had them done to enter in round 1 of this tournament of Nerd Wars. But this is where they were at the end of the round at 9pm Oct. 28 (midnight EDT).


One mitt done, just a cuff on the second one. And no ends woven in. I did finally finish them this week.




There's a second one, honest, but it's hard to take a picture of both your hands :^)

I'm pretty happy with how these came out. They're knit from Shibui Sock 100% superwash merino in the Periwinkle colorway. I'm in the process of writing up the pattern, so it'll be available soon. I haven't thought of a name yet. Any ideas?

If you're near Corvallis, Oregon, I'll be teaching a class on twisted stitches using these as the project on Sunday November 11 at my LYS, Stash.

I had one more FO earlier today, but I didn't photograph it. I filled out my ballot and dropped it in the library ballot box this afternoon. Now I can proudly where my "I already voted for Obama" button all weekend. Monday afternoon I'll be the Democratic volunteer election observer at the courthouse, so maybe I'll even see my own ballot processed.

There, I made it two days into NaBloPoMo.




If you want to see more finished objects, check out Tami's Amis blog


And don't forget to come back tomorrow and see if I can post three days in a row...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment