Monday, April 22, 2013

4KCBWDAY1 The House Cup

It's Knitting and Crochet Blog Week again!



A bit like Harry Potter, but not quite, this year’s Knitting & Crochet Blog Week is split into 4 houses. Don your favourite knitted or crocheted hat and let it guide you to which house you will be in.


The House of Bee: Bees are busy and industrious, but can flit from one interesting project to the next as bright and shiny things capture their interest.

The House of Manatee: Manatees are gentle, calm and cuddly. Relaxed and unflashy they represent the comfort and soft side of knitting and crochet.

The House of Monkey: Intelligent and with a fun loving side, Monkeys like to be challenged with every project presenting them with something new and interesting.

The House of Peacock: Peacocks take something good and make it brilliant. Buttons, embellishments and a bit of sparkle prove that perfection lies in the details – like a Peacock's Tail.

Which house am I? Aspects of the House of Bee fit me. I sometimes flit from one interesting project to the next. Without necessarily seeing a project through to the finish. Like all those designs I haven't written up the pattern for yet, like these shawls:




The House of Manatee isn't a bad fit either. I like traditional, oversized, comfy sweaters like my Irish Fisherman's Sweater.


But the pictures above show which house I fit best in: The House of Monkey.  "Monkeys like to be challenged with every project presenting them with something new and interesting." That's me. There's no such thing as too many cables in a first knitting project:


Complicated lace: bring it on.


 And don't forget that finicky picot cast-on.


 Fair Isle: a pattern that repeats would just be too easy:


Yup, that's me, always wanting to try a new technique. The more complicated, the better.


5 comments:

  1. Another monkey! I've been finding lots of bees, a few monkeys, and only one peacock! I admire you for the variety of techniques you use-- all very pretty projects!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone is a Bee this year, it's crazy! I'm a Monkey, though, and I feel a little swell of happiness when I come across another Monkey. I haven't come across any peacocks yet, but I have seen a Manatee. I'm having so much fun finding all these new-to-me blogs.

      Delete
    2. Ha! Mary, you're the Manatee I ran across!

      Delete
  2. Your projects are all gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hurrah, Monkeys unite! I covet your shawls in the most supportive way possible. :)

    ReplyDelete